Dear lord, and to think I gave this blog site to all my coworkers and friends at school...
Yes, return of the blog entries! Mom has been running me haggard that I haven't had a chance to even check my e-mail since she's been here...
Ok thursday Day 1:
Mom didn't get any sleep nor eat anything substantial for 2 days so she crashed and went back to the hotel, but she did meet james and we all talked for a bit in the common room.
friday: I had class but Laurene and Mom went to Madame Taussaud's. After class, my friend Kati and I met them at the hotel and we had high tea at Kensington Palace. (Note the pic of the increadible spread.. Scones, Jam and clotted cream.. YUM!)
Then we went to the British Museum at night, walked to Covent Garden, ate at a nice old pub (chips and vinegar!) and called it a night. I went to join James and Co. at a karaoke bar for one of his mates' birthday party.
Sat: I slept while Mom and Laurene went on the London bus tour, and a Thames River Catameran trip. That night Laurene went on a Jack the Ripper walking tour while Mom, James, and I ate dinner at the hotel (big fiasco, mom will fill in details). Afterwards I joined my friends at a club.
Day 3: After a night of clubbing til 3am (and daylight savings time over here) I met mom at her hotel and we went to St. Paul's Cathedral, St. Martin-in-the-fields church in Trafalgar Sq, and then to the National Gallery museum while Laurene went to Stonehenge on a train. I just came home to register for classes online and now I am going out to meet both Laurene, Mom, and James at Tower Hill so James' and our friend Mark (who lives IN the tower of London) can give us a tour of the private quarters of the tower i.e. where he lives and no tourists can go. I told my friend to lay on the English charm real thick for the ladies so we'll see what happens :)
Then I suppose we will eat dinner out.
Sorry this is such a var minimum outline of the events of the day but Ma will surely have the whacky adventure stories to tell when she returns like how we snuck into a prohibited area of St. Paul's and were rushed out. Ha!
See the pics of us at Kensington Palace, high tea, st paul's, and Saint Martins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment