So the so called marketing job consisted of rolling around a huge black suitcase full of cheap goods all around London selling to anyone who would buy. Yeah right! My host was an ex-Trinidad hustler and I had to watch as he tried to sell to anyone who would listen. It was awful.
Then at the end of the day, he came back to me after a huddle with his colleagues in the office and asked me to specify exactly why I should be allowed into the third round of interviews. I started explaining about my marketing work experience and my degree in advertising. This is when he looked at me and said, "We consider ourselves a full training company, so all that really doesn't count." EXCUSE ME!!??? I thought to myself. Seeing that this was the kind of SHAM company that doesn't value actual office experience and a freakin' relevent college degree, then I don't want any part of it! That is when I just looked at him and said I was taking myself out of the running and I just left. FREAK that.
On the bright side, while I was out shadowing this fool all over London, I got a call from a temp agency giving me a position with the West London Cancer Network. They needed a good PC person and I am the woman for them. I think this office sounds cool and I can learn a thing or two from them. Also, it pays well- better than most office temping gigs.
So, alas, today was pure hell but I got a job finally! Yay! I think I need to buy a celebratory bag tomorrow. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment