



(click on pics to enlarge)
APARTMENT HUNTING DAY #1
So I bought a paper today and decided to start looking at flats for rent. There seemed to be some good ones out there right near the tube stop, a good safe distance of one minute away.
Ahhhh... Here's one off the Bethnal Green stop. Ohhhh.. it's pretty affordable. Look! It's very close to the tube and it's in Holly Bush Gardens... What a sweet, quaint sounding address... Holly Bush. I like it. So James and I go to meet the landlord to show us around at 6:30.
Hmmm, I see no houses. Say, is that barbed wire? Is this is PRISON?! No!!!! It's the projects!!!!!!!!
So I look around stunned thinking there is no chance in Hell i am about to walk home each night passing 4 different kinds of barbed wire home. I took some pics as you can see above. Thank GOD James was with me on this awful wreck of a street!
Long story short, the landlord never showed up and we left. (He was 1 hour late!)
Finding the right place will be harder than I thought. I also have a 9:30 am appointment with a bank to open up a bank account tomorrow. Also, the Sainsbury's guy said he'd call me tomorrow. We'll see about this....
No comments:
Post a Comment