It is not all that bad as it sounds. I actually live very frugally during the week. Today I went to the Museum of Natural History right next door and all museums around here are free. This will keep me busy for the next few weeks. I finally bought the last of my required books for class so school shouldn't cost anything more. Buying the tube pass was such a good idea because I use it a lot everyday and I am saving lots of money from that purchase because it works on the buses as well. Here, there are lots of places that accept student discounts and my student card has almost paid for itself already.
Last night, I went to the Imperial Bar and found the kids in Sinfonietta, the IC band. I introduced myself and expressed interest in joining. I took a look at their music and it doesn't seem hard though I am a year out of practice on the clarinet. I will try to rent one or borrow one from the college and I will just show up at the rehearsal next monday. They were all nice and I had to describe where Connecticut was in America. They were like, "Do we know what city you are from? Like from songs about Chicago and Alabama and New York?"
I told them there are reasons why nobody has ever written a song about CT.
I chatted up with the principle clarinetist and she is very nice. She is going for her PHD in chemical biology. (IC is like the MIT of London).
I am all shopped out for now. I have actually figured out a budget for the next 15 weeks that will be no problem. Like I said, kids are spending hundreds on "the drink" so I could be way worse off.
I signed up for an excursion to go horseback riding in Wales. My tix should come in the mail soon.
I went to Oxford Circus last night. That was another big shopping area. I tell you, there are like 10 times sqaures all around london.
Have Tube pass, will travel.
(new pics to come tonight of museum highlights and a pic of 43 harrington gardens (the classroom building)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment