Monday, June 15, 2009

Orlando observations

So I've been in the Sunshine State for a week and I've come up with some observations in comparison to my familiar way of life up north. Here are just a few, as this will be a growing list I'm sure:

The Good:
weather is nice
palm trees everywhere
driving into work is like driving into a resort
Steak N' Shake
good traffic planning
the drivers are somewhat polite compared to MA
entertainment resorts (Disney, Universal, etc.)
A/C everywhere

The Bad:
it rains almost everyday
i sweat at my desk
spiders at night
rednecks here and there
morning coffee is not a way of life!
mostly chain restaurants
TOLLS everywhere!

The Indifferent:
Publix
Winn Dixie
many PT Cruisers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I've never noticed anything other than Disney in that particular area :)


Guess who!!!

April Rescigno said...

Find a Sonic... cherry lime-aids! Fabulous onion rings. Drive-in service. Eat in your car and spill stuff in yr lap.

As for the sweating, you'll acclimate soon. Just keep hydrated.

And the Rednecks will keep you humble :)

Anonymous said...

CURE FOR..."THE BAD".
TAKE UMBRELLA
TURN UP THE A/C
BLAST "AIR-AMERICA"
INTRODUCE "ICE COFFEE"
WHO CARES!
HERE TOO!
OAO

Anonymous said...

OOPS...INSERT AFTER #3
SPIDERS?...KEEP SPRAYING.
OAO

Anonymous said...

GEEZ...AFTER #2 I MEANT!! ERRR
OAO

Anonymous said...

Spiders. Geez.


Jan