Good news, all. I got a raise at work! Woo! I think they felt guilty for the amount of work I was doing for them even though I started as a normal temp. Now I can really "splurge" on things like dry cleaning!
I went travelling all around west London hospitals today getting documents signed for the project I am working on. I got to see some good NHS goodness. Imagine- going into a hospital where I could get free treatment! Amazing. You won't get that in the US.
Which gets me into a rant on why England is better than the US in a few ways. Gay people can now get married. No capital punishment. Banning of firearms to the public. This is like a land that liberals only dream of in the States. why are we so backwards in some areas? I'll tell you why- Tennessee*.
Bad sides to England: Separate taps in most sinks. The word civilisation doesn't look right. Marmite. No Oprah!
Sorry for that random rant. I had a long day....
*Tennessee singled out for illustrative purposes only. No mental harm intended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment