Monday, June 21, 2010

First night in my new place

So today is my first full day moved into my new place. Last night after the movers got in the last box and helped me rearrange some things, I went out with some friends to see a comedy show. Upon coming home, I remembered that I had no idea where anything was so I slept on my plain mattress. It wasn't such a bad night actually. No trash bags taped to the windows this time. And this time, it actually feels like a home rather than a infested place to sleep like my other apartment.

The glaring thing missing is storage space as I am unpacking my boxes and looking for a place for my things. I think I might do another round of goodwill giving; hopefully, I can find one that will pick up the goods.

Luckily there is an ACE hardware store right around the corner next to a small coffee shop. This was my only destination today and I may go back for more things b/c it is very good for small space solutions.

So far, I have met a couple of neighbors. The people here are very old and have been living here for 40+ years including the super. I bet they all have rent control and pay $125/ month or something like that. And it's suckers like me that have to make up for this inequality to make this darned building profitable! But they are all very nice and it is very safe on the 5th floor. My poor movers yesterday looked as if they would expire each time they reached the top with my huge boxes.

Anyway, I am here safely and happily. This truly feels like home. I just need this full week to clean and unpack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR NEW PLACE LOOKS REALLY NICE KIM...YES, STORAGE ALWAYS A PROBLEM. WILL CALL YOU SOON..WANNA COME VIST YOU.
Y..OWT!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, I wonder if you can use those gel fuel cans in your "fire place". They don't need any ventilation and may be a nice touch when the cool weather returns!

Jan